OC Hacker is a social entrepreneurship organization dedicated to creating apps for the social good. We have created various web-based apps, such as Voluntu and OpenTournament. We pride ourselves on spreading the love of creating with youth across the nation.
To give high school programmers an opportunity to learn and experience competitive programming and software engineering, including algorithmic competitions as well as hackathons.
We also generate a lot of real world opportunities for programmers to emulate a start-up environment, using real world frameworks and development protocols. OC Hacker will help you build your portfolio with real-world software engineering experiences.
We develop and support projects focusing on giving back to the community, and we strive to create a passion in others for the world of software development and entrepreneurship.
- Voluntu.io; digital service hour tracking made simple
- Peer Genius; peer-to-peer, artificially intelligent tutoring for underserved minorities
- Project Vantage; student government transparency using distributed blockchain technology
- Cambia; an application of the counterfactual regret minimization+ algorithm for the card game Cambia
- Tournament Engine; learning STEM through problem solving for underrepresented demographics
- Registra; efficient event registration with artificial intelligence
- Moleculize; deep learning powered 21st century drug design
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a resume and a short letter of intent. Tell us about yourself! All high schoolers are welcome to apply.
What we look for
- Those who have problem solving skills, 1+ year of advanced computer science experience
- The ability to write high quality code without supervision
- Knowledge of 1+ OOP language
- Be willing to learn a multitude of coding languages